Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Already OVER AngryBirds!

Am I the only mommy already over the AngryBirds game?  Jackson is crazy about it and I felt like ALL he was wanting to do is play it on the IPad.  I really try to honor what the American Academy of Pediatrics says about TV/technology usage.


"The first two years of your child’s life are especially important in the growth and development of her brain. During this time, children need positive interaction with other children and adults. This is especially true at younger ages, when learning to talk and play with others is so important.
Until more research is done about the effects of screen time on very young children, the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly discourages television viewing for children ages two years old or younger, and encourages interactive play.
For older children, the Academy advises no more than one to two hours per day of educational, nonviolent programs
, which should be supervised by parents or other responsible adults in the home." 



 SOOOOOO..... I created these "Angry Bird tickets" for Jackson.  He has 5 tickets that we can redeem throughout the day.  Each ticket has a number of minutes on it.  (The "golden egg ticket" is a whopping 10 minutes...it's the BIGGY!)  Once he redeems them, he can't get them back until the next day!  Eventually, we will teach him about adding the minutes up on the tickets for more time = addition lesson!

I think this could work for anything and I think I might be making a set for my husband very soon! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...