Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sing it! Read it! Love it!

I am so sorry about not blogging in a good month!  My excuse....It's SUMMER TIME, baby!!!  We spent 2 weeks back in Texas with family.  I had every intention to post a few blogs while I was there, but it just didn't happen!

But thought I'd share this idea real quick!  I'm going to bed in 10 minutes!  

If you come into our house, the TV is usually off and music is playing!  OR music is playing on the TV!  

Because we LOVE songs, I made a rebus puzzle for the boys using one of our favorite songs..."The Itsy Bitsy Spider".
Just used some sentence strips, clip art pictures laminated onto stickynotes, and a pocket chart.  

If you know Dr. Jean songs, you know that she can't sing AT ALL, but she is wonderful at making FUN music for learning.  
The fun twist to this classic children's song ...she changed the lyrics from "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to "Big, Fat Gorilla" and "Teensy Weensy Ant" which is why my kiddos LOVE singing this song!



This simple activity promotes:
*Left-to-right reading ready skill
*Sight word introduction
*Phonemic Awareness 
*Picture to Word match-up 

(1 minute until bed time)
So Happy Learning with your Little Learners!

And google Dr. Jean Feldman...she has an amazing blog and website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...