Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Let's create an EBook!

To launch our Spring Semester Book club, the moms had decided it would be fun to write "All About Me" book and share them at our first book club.  I knew about this idea about 2 months ago...  And I had written in my plans that we would write 1 page for our book each day until it was finished.  UGH!
I wasn't into it and neither were my kiddos....

SO!  I came up with this plan and it turned out to be SO much fun and our ebooks were finished in 30 minutes.  We accomplished more in that 30 minutes than we EVER would have writing day after day.

Our materials:
1 Wipe Board
few wipe board markers
1 I-Pad/phone
Star Wars Sheet as a backdrop (optional)

Our first picture/slide was going to be just our name...we needed to introduce ourselves to everyone, right?




For Nixon, I used "Share the Pen", an interactive Writing technique.  I write, you write, I write, you write...and so on.
For Jackson, he was in charge of writing his sentences.  I would jump in and help with specific sounds...and towards the last picture/slide, we were "sharing the pen".

From there, I let the creative juices flow!  We'd erase the board, write a sentence together, take a pictures and move on.



We wrote and pictured everything from "Lego Creations" to "Cream Cheese and Crackers".  You'll have to see the final slideshow to get it all.

So once you have ALL your pictures, it's super easy to run your pics as a "slideshow" on your devise.  So easy even a 3 year old can do it...Really!

If you aren't tech-savvy and this sounds fun...no worries!  Read below for step-by-step picture instructions for this fun, learning activity...and memory maker!
 I would actually LOVE to do this every few months with the boys!

First, find your Camera App Icon and start writing and snapping your pics!

Once all your pictures are taken, click on your slideshow opening picture.  Look for this icon in the bottom left corner.

Then, click on slideshow.

This box will pop up.  Here is were your kids can have fun adding transitions and adding music.
**If you need to add time/seconds in between slides, find it in your Settings Icon under Pictures/Camera**

Here's J's ebook!  Cool, huh?

I'll post N's ebook on FB...so be sure and "like" mommys little learners on FB!

And Happy Learning with your Little Ones!  Make it fun and make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...