Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Learning (and teaching) CAN be fun on Halloween

I knew my kiddos would be to crazy-excited about Trick or Treating tonight, but I still wanted to do alittle learning today!
So I HAD to become extra creative, quick and fun on this fun day we called Halloween!

Sensory and Counting Lesson
(and alittle creepy too!)
All ya need: Spaghetti and green food coloring 

Boil water/spaghetti and add drops of food coloring
Boil for about 5 minutes, then turn heat off and let the noodles sit and soak in green water
Here's what you get - put in fridge  to make it feel creepy and cold

Add some plastic spider rings and eye balls for fun!  Use chop sticks to pick the spiders and eye balls out (fine-motor)
Use spiders for counting and addition lesson after minutes of fun, icky hands-on play!

Posting this during nap time!  So once the boys are up...we will do this as our Hands-On afternoon activity! I'll be sure to post pictures of the fun!
Happy Learning (and Trick or Treating ) with you little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Host a Homeschool Workshop

I remember going to my first homeschool conference in Ft. Worth, Texas.  I walked up to a GIANT convention center and opened the doors into...